What is Vitamin C? & What is vitamin C for on the face?
What is Vitamin C?
Vitamin C or ascorbic acid is an essential vitamin that our body uses to repair and maintain cell tissues, strengthen the immune system and keep the skin in good condition.
Vitamin C is water-soluble, therefore, our body does not produce it naturally , so we must try to consume it daily. We can find Vitamin C in various foods such as oranges, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper…
What is vitamin C for on the face?
Vitamin C plays a fundamental role in achieving healthy, luminous and hydrated skin. It is not surprising then that it has become one of the most demanded ingredients in cosmetics and that many cosmetic products currently include it in their formulation.
Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant by neutralizing free radicals that cause oxidative stress in the skin and cause skin aging. These reasons have made it widely used in the treatment and prevention of skin aging.
In addition to what has been mentioned, it has many other benefits for our skin, such as:
- It stimulates the production of collagen , helping to maintain the structure of the skin. When there is not an adequate amount of Vitamin C in the body, collagen production decreases.
- Moisturizing action , since ascorbic acid slows down and regulates transdermal water loss.
- Lightens the skin , preventing the appearance of spots and providing shine.
- Repairs and protects the skin from damage caused by ultraviolet radiation and free radicals.
- Helps reduce fine lines of expression and wrinkles.
- It is crucial in the process of healing and repairing wounds.
- It helps in the cell regeneration process, unifying the skin tone.
- It is recommended for all skin types and ages.
Which products in the C+E Max range contain Vitamin C?
C+E Max collagen drinkable. Contains 80 mg of Vitamin C per daily dose, that is, per vial.
Moisturizing & Lifting Serum and Eyes & Lips Contour. They contain in their formulation stabilized Vitamin C that acts as an antioxidant and promotes collagen production. In addition, it helps to lighten the skin, adds shine and repairs and protects from damage caused by radiation.